Oral presentation guideline
Oral presentation information
Your presentation has to be prepared and presented in English, the official language of the Conference. The file must be compatible with Microsoft PowerPoint or Adobe Acrobat on Microsoft Windows indicated below. The slide should be a landscape orientation, and a standard aspect ratio (4:3). We can’t support an audio and video presentation.
Please arrive at your session at least 15 minutes before the scheduled start to coordinate with the session chairs, and become familiar with the audio-visual equipment. Please copy your presentation file to the PC equipped in each session room. All the oral presenters are asked to bring their presentation files with own USB memory stick. Your file should be saved as your presentation code (i.e. ‘1MoO1_1.ppt’). It is the presenter’s responsibility to copy his/her presentation file in each session room in advance.
Additional computers will be available at the Preview Room (the ground floor, Shakunage #2) to check the correct functionality of your presentation. The room will be open daily during the conference. The authors are strongly recommended to check your presentation prior to the session. When reviewing your presentation, you should make sure all fonts appear as expected. You will be able to edit your presentation at this time.
|Presentation type||Total duration||Presentation||Q & A|
|Area-leading-invited & Contributed Oral Presentations||15 min||12 min||3 min|
|Keynote & Plenary & Invited talks||30 min||25 min||5 min|
The following equipment is ready at each session room during PVSEC-27:
- LCD projector
- PC (laptop computer, Windows 10) with PowerPoint 2016 and PDF Adobe Reader
- Projection laser pointer
Oral Session Procedure
- Please follow the Chairperson’s instructions.
- Please be seated in the “Next Speaker’s Seat” (located in the first row of the room) at least 15 minutes prior to your presentation.
- Please check the time allotted for your presentation and finish your presentation within the designated time.
All presentation data will be completely deleted after the session.
Poster presentation guideline
Poster sessions are scheduled on Tuesday, November 14, and on Thursday, November 16 from 4:00 to 6:00 PM. The rooms are Ohmi #7 to #9.
You can put your poster from 10:00 AM on each presentation day, and your presentation code (‘1TuPo.1’) is posted on each poster board. You should show the poster no later than 1:00 PM on the day. After the session, you must immediately remove your poster by 8:00 PM. Please note that after 8:00 PM all remaining posters will be disposed.
Size of a poster board is 2100 mm tall and 900 mm wide. Please clearly display the paper title, author names and affiliations on the poster.
You are requested to stay near by your poster during the session. The poster sessions allow authors the opportunity to interact personally with the attendees, network with interested parties, and discuss research results in-depth.
The following is outlines for preparing your poster:
- Poster Size: The area available for the poster is limited to a rectangle 900 mm wide by 2100 mm tall. Please make sure the poster fits within the allowed display area (e.g. A0 size is 841 mm x 1189 mm).
- Poster Mounting: The surface of the mounting board is pushpin friendly. Posters must be mounted to the boards with pushpins, and they are available at the poster check-in desk.
- Poster Check-in: You are required to check-in at the poster registration desk before your poster session time. The desk is located inside of the Ohmi #7 behind the entrance door, and it will be open from 10:00 AM on each presentation day. If you do not check in, your poster will be recorded as not presented and you lose your right to submit your paper to the JJAP special issue.